Main menu

Pages

Peameal Bacon and Roasted Tomato Sandwich with Cheddar Cheese and Grainy Honey Mustard

Peameal Bacon and Roasted Tomato Sandwich with Cheddar Cheese and Grainy Honey Mustard

As some of you know, I am a big fan of peameal bacon and in particular I enjoy using it in sandwiches! Peameal bacon is made with the pork loin which is leaner than the belly and it is cured or pickled in a brine before being rolled in peameal or cornmeal. I have had this particular peameal bacon sandwich on my mind for a few weeks now and I could not hold off on making it any longer. The idea behind this sandwich was pretty simple, containing the peameal bacon, roasted tomatoes cheddar cheese and a sweet and tangy honey grainy mustard. I had intended on waiting for the tastier field tomatoes to start showing up but I figured that roasting the tomatoes would be concentrating their flavour anyways so I gave into temptation and made them now. It is hard to go wrong combining bacon and roasted tomatoes and this sandwich surely is a juicy, messy and tasty treat! (If you cannot get your hands on some peameal these sandwiches would also be good with regular bacon or even Canadian bacon.)

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments