Main menu

Pages

Cilantro Lime Salmon Taquitos

Cilantro Lime Salmon Taquitos
While I was enjoying some cilantro salmon I could not help but think that it would make a great filling for Mexican style dishes like tacos, quesadillas, etc and my heart was set on using them in some taquitos. Taquitos, aka flautas, aka rolled tacos, are small tortillas that are wrapped around a filling and fried until crispy and they are often topped with things like salsa, sour cream, etc. I kept these taquitos really simple filling them with a mixture of the salmon, cheese and some salsa verde to kick up the flavour a bit. Once the filling was ready all that was left was to roll it up in some tortillas and shallow fry them in a skillet until crispy and golden brown. Rolling the tortillas may take a bit of time but once you get the hang of it it's pretty easy, just make sure to warm the corn tortillas before working with them so that they do not crack and fall apart. I served the cilantro lime salmon taquitos on a bed of lettuce topped with guacamole, pico de gallo, sour cream, crumbled queso fresco and hot sauce.

I enjoyed the salmon taquitos so much that I just had to make them again and this time I tried baking them in an effort to cut down on the oil. The results were that the baked taquitos were a little less crispy, but still really good, and it was a lot easier to bake the in one go than it was to fry them in batches of 3-4.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments