Main menu

Pages

Roasted Apple and Aged White Cheddar Soup

Roasted Apple and Aged White Cheddar Soup
For my next apple recipe I continue with my apple and cheddar theme in this tasty roasted apple and cheddar soup! This apple and cheddar soup could not be easier, you start out by roasting some apples to bring out even more flavour and then the apple flavours continue with the use of apple cider as part of the soups liquid base. A ham broth goes particularly nicely in this soup as the main liquid but otherwise a chicken broth or even a vegetable broth would also work. Of course the second star of the show is a nice aged white cheddar which really packs in the flavour so you do not need a lot of it. I have to say that this soup is a truly beautiful blending of sweet and savoury and I like to finish it off with a touch of grainy mustard and maple syrup to really bring the effect home!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments