Main menu

Pages

Pork Tinga Quesadillas
I have been on a quesadilla kick lately so when I made the pork tinga tacos the other day I made sure to make a large batch of pork tinga so that I would have leftovers for quesadillas. At it's base a quesadilla is simply melted cheese in a toasted tortilla so I kept these quesadillas nice and simple filling them with the pork tinga along with the cheese. Although these quesadillas are great just like that, while I was enjoying one I could not help but think that I could make them even better with the addition of some avocado. Instead of just throwing some avocado into the quesadillas or serving them with mashed avocado for dipping I decided to go with something a little different and I treated the quesadillas like a base and topped them with an avocado spread, almost like a pizza. Of course I could not stop there and I mixed some salsa verde into the mashed avocado and sprinkled on some diced onions, crumbled cotija cheese and fresh cilantro. I have to say that these 'pizza' like quesadillas were certainly fun to eat and so amazingly good! The cool and creamy avocado topping plays beautifully well with the spicy chipotle pork tinga and all of the melted cheesy goodness!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments