Main menu

Pages

BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas

BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas
Pineapple was cheap the other week so I picked some up on a whim and although I was enjoying eating it as is, I couldn't help but think of using some of it in a recipe. For those of you that have been following for a while, you will not be surprised that one of my first ideas was using it in a grilled cheese sandwich, though as it happened I was out of bread but I did have some extra tortillas that needed using and so quesadillas it was! With all of the cold weather lately I have been dreaming about warmer days and the BBQ chicken and pineapple flavour combo was sounding really good for a cheesy quesadilla, along with some spicy jalapenos for extra heat of course. If it were warmer out I would fire up the grill, grill some chicken and slather it with BBQ sauce but since that was not viable I went with the simpler leftover shredded chicken option, which also happens to be much quicker to implement. I have to say that the combo of the sweet and spicy BBQ chicken and juicy and tangy pineapple was a fabulous one! The ooey gooey cheesy quesadillas were pretty amazing and certainly did remind me warmer days; a perfect way to enjoy that pineapple!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments