Main menu

Pages

Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quinoa Cakes with Creamy Avocado Sauce

Chipotle Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quinoa Cakes with Creamy Avocado Sauce
Ever since I discovered quinoa cakes I have been dreaming up different flavour combinations for them! A quinoa cake or fritter is pretty much what it sounds like, a mixture of quinoa with a binder such as an egg and breadcrumbs that is formed into cakes or patties and then fried until crispy. One of the great things about cakes like this is that in addition to the main ingredient you can add pretty much whatever you want for flavour! I am a big fan of the spicy and smoky chipotle, sweet potato and creamy black bean combo and I am more than a little surprised that it took me this long to throw them into some quinoa cakes!
Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments