Main menu

Pages

Blueberry lime oatmeal muffins and a new cookbook

blueberry lime oatmeal muffins

The other day my grandma asked me, “What have you been doing with yourself lately?” She had noticed it’s been quiet on the blog this summer and I told her I’d been taking it easy—it’s summertime after all. Though that’s not exactly the truth, as I’ve been in the kitchen quite a bit lately. For instance, I spent a good chunk of time last week satisfying a slight obsession with blueberry lime oatmeal muffins.

Do you ever get fixated on a thought and can’t let it go? That’s how I’ve been feeling about said muffins, ever since I dreamt that I wanted to bake a batch. In my dream, I was hanging out with my agent and while she wanted me to sign some papers, I insisted it was more important for me to bake muffins instead.

Now, this dream did indeed come from a logical place. One, I’ve spent lots of time this summer organizing my family’s recipes and food stories for an upcoming project. And not only was my great-grandmother renown for her oatmeal bread, but my mom also makes these incredible muffins stuffed with fresh blueberries. Obviously, my subconscious mind thought it was only natural to combine the two in some way.

blueberry lime oatmeal muffins

Then there’s the part of the dream that has to do with my agent and legal papers. Yes, this is also a reflection of my real life as I’ve been offered a book deal for my second cookbook. But enough about me, let’s get back to the muffins.
Read more »
reactions

Comments