Main menu

Pages

Texmex Sloppy Joes
Sloppy Joeshad to be one of my favourite meals when I was a kid and I think that it probably had a lot to do with the name. I mean what kid could resist a meal where the name itself implies that not only is it going to be messy but that it is expected and thus ok! Although I like to play around with my sloppy joe recipeI had never really thought of doing a themed version so when I came across the idea of Texmex Sloppy Joeson Homesick TexanI knew that I would have to make them! The recipe for these sloppy joes has a base that is pretty similar to the regular ones with some texmex flavours thrown into the mix such as chipotle chili peppers in adobo, jalapeno peppers, cumin, lime juice and cilantro. Another nice touch to this recipe is that instead of using broth for the liquid it calls for beer which is always fun to cook with! The Texmex flavours do not stop there as the sandwich is decked out with even more in the form of guacamole, diced onions, sliced jalapenos, cotija cheese and plenty of fresh cilantro!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments