Main menu

Pages

Crispy Shrimp Tacos

Although I was out of town for most of the week leading up to Cinco de Mayo I did get the chance to celebrate by making a few Mexican inspired dishes the week before. One of the recipes that I tried was these crispy shrimp tacos that I came across on White on Rice Couple who were in turn inspired by Rick Bayless recipe. Although I am an avid fan of tacos, I had never really considered rolling them and then frying them until golden brown and crispy and I was immediately fascinated by the idea. You really cannot go wrong using shrimp as a taco filling, especially not when the shrimp are coated in a quick, easy and tasty tomato based sauce. These tacos have a really nice texture combination going on with the crispy fried tortilla exterior and the juicy succulent shrimp filling! Rick Bayless suggests serving these tacos with a simple and yet tasty tomato broth but you could go with your favourite salsa or even guacamole . The only thing that you have to worry about is how quickly they are going to disappear so make a double or triple batch! :)

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments