Main menu

Pages

Roast Turkey Sandwich with Artichoke Tapenade, Caramelized Onions and Roasted Red Peppers

Roast Turkey Sandwich with Artichoke Tapenade, Caramelized Onions and Roasted Red Peppers

The last time that I made tapenadeI thought that in addition to being good as a topping for crostini, that a tapenade would also be good as a spread in sandwiches. When I made the artichoke and green olive tapenade with asiagoI remembered thinking this and I planned on saving some of it to use in a few sandwiches. I had had roast turkey sandwiches on my mind for a few days and the turkey and artichoke tapenade combo sounded like a good one! Since I did not really want to roast a full turkey just to make a few sandwiches I picked up a large turkey breast and just did that. A turkey breast is great for things like this as it is really easy to roast and it provides you with plenty of meat that is just perfect for sandwiches! So far the sandwich had some nice roast turkeya and a salty and flavourful tapenade so I decided to add something on the sweeter side, with some slowly caramelized onions and since I sill have plenty of roasted red pepperfrom the fall roasting, I added some of those to the mix. I finished the sandwich off with some baby spinach and a touch of mayonnaise.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments