Main menu

Pages

Roasted Portobello Mushrooms with Poached Eggs in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce

Roasted Portobello Mushroom with Poached Egg in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce

Follow Me on Pinterest

It has been a while since I last made a really nice mushroom dish and consequently mushrooms have been on my mind a lot lately. The one idea that kept coming up was to do a version of eggs benedict where the English muffins are replaced with roasted portobello mushroom caps. Since I was going with a mushroom theme I figured that a tasty mushroom sauce would be a nice replacement for the hollandaise sauce and spinach seemed like a better fit than the ham. With this idea in place I took the opportunity over the weekend to satisfy my mushroom cravings by making these roasted portobello mushrooms with poached eggs in a creamy mushroom sauce for a lazy Sunday morning brunch.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments