Main menu

Pages

Tomatillo Pico de Gallo

Pico de gallo has to be my all time favourite salsa and it is a fresh and mild tomato based salsa that consists of onions, jalapeno, cilantro and lime juice in addition to the tomatoes. For a long time I have been wondering what a tomatillo version of pico de gallo would be where the tomatoes were replaced by fresh diced tomatillos and with fish tacos on the menu it seemed like the perfect time to try it out. Luckily I was able to get my hands on some tomatillos even though it is the middle of winter and this fresh tomatillo salsa definitely reminded me of warmer days! If you are a fan of tomatillos then this is the salsa for you! I could easily devour a whole bowl of it, simply scooping it up with with tortillas chips but this time I had something else in mind so I had to save some for later.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments