Main menu

Pages

Warm Mushroom, Roasted Asparagus and Wild Rice Salad with Feta

Warm Mushroom and Wild Rice Salad with Roasted Asparagus and Feta

New things are quickly starting to show up at the farmers market these days which I took as a subtle reminder that I should get my asparagus fix on sooner rather than later! With that in mind I realized that it was time to finish the recipe that had been on my mind for the last few weeks for a warm asparagus and mushroom salad. I wanted to combine two of my favorite foods, asparagus and mushrooms in salad that was served warm over salad greens. I often like to include whole grains in my salads and I was pretty determined to use wild rice but I was unsure as to where to go from there. My uncertainty was solved the other day when I used the dill in the cod wrapped in crispy potatoes with a dill and caper sauce which reminded me of how much I enjoy the mushroom and dill flavour combo and everything else kind of fell into place. I finished the salad off with a balsamic vinaigrette and some crumbled feta, though I had also been contemplating using either goat cheese or blue cheese. For method of cooking I went with my favourites and roasted the asparagus to bring out its full flavour and sauteed the mushrooms until they started to caramelize. In the end, I was quite pleased with the results! The flavours all went wonderfully together and I particularly liked the way the warm asparagus and mushrooms worked with your more ordinary cool salad greens.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments