Main menu

Pages

Strawberry and Avocado Salsa

Strawberry and Avocado Salsa

The local strawberries are here and so far I have been enjoying them by the bowlful whether with a bit of good balsamic vinegar or on vanilla yogurt or just themselves. As I was contemplating what I wanted to do with strawberries this year I noticed that I kept jumping to ideas for sweet dishes and when I realized that I almost immediately took it as a challenge to use strawberries in a savoury dish. The challenge did not last too long however as I quickly thought that fruit often works well in salsas and I liked the sound of a savoury strawberry salsa. With the strawberries being so perfectly ripe, I of course wanted a fresh salsa and I kept things nice and simple. I figured that cool and creamy avocado would be a great pair with the strawberries and I finished things off with some staple salsa ingredients including jalapeno pepper, red onion, lime juice and fresh chopped cilantro. The savoury strawberry salsa turned out really well and in addition to just eating it by the spoonful, I am thinking that it would be perfect with fish tacos or with cinnamon tortillas chips.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments