Main menu

Pages

Grilled Asparagus and Halloumi Salad

Grilled Asparagus and Halloumi Salad

I first came across the asparagus and halloumi cheese combo a few years ago in this grilled asparagus, zucchini and halloumi salad and I have been hooked ever since! Halloumi is a Greek or Turkish cheese that has a high melting point which means that it can easily be fried or grilled. One of my favourite ways to enjoy halloumi in is in a dish called saganaki where the fried cheese is served with a splash of lemon that goes perfectly with the salty cheese. I find that juicy asparagus pairs well with halloumi and it is a combination that I use frequently.

I recently came across a new recipe for grilled asparagus and halloumi on Jungle Frog and I was immediately taken by it. I really liked the simplicity which allows you to focus on the asparagus and the halloumi and a bright lemon dressing goes perfectly with it. This dish could easily be served as an appetizer, a salad or even as a light meal and it is super easy to make. Since I had some lemons out anyways, I sliced and grilled one up to serve with the asparagus and halloumi.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments