Main menu

Pages

Ramp Pesto Omelette with Asparagus and Goat Cheese

Ramp Pesto Omelette with Asparagus and Goat Cheese

One of my favourite ways to enjoy ramps or wild leeks is simply with eggs in various forms. While I was making the ramp pestofor the asparagus and ramp pesto mac n cheeseI thought of a new way to enjoy that combo, a ramp pesto omelette. I really liked the sound of mixing a tasty pesto into an omelet especially a wild leek pesto and I just had to try it! The omelet started off sounding really good but it needed something more and when I think about omelettes I almost always include cheese. I figured that a creamy and tangy goat cheese would be the perfect fit! I was beginning to think that I was done but then I thought about how lonely the asparagus must be being left in the fridge all alone so I invited him to the party as well. Besides, it never hurts to add a green vegetable to the mix!

I always like to use a bit of fat when frying eggs to help make sure that they do not stick to the pan and why not take the opportunity to add some flavour by using some bacon grease, which I tend to save in a small container in the fridge. You could of course go with lighter options like oil or butter but the bacon grease goes particularly well with the ramps. I have to say that I quite enjoyed the ramp pesto omelette with asparagus and goat cheese! The pesto worked amazingly well in the omelet and its flavour really shone through. The the creamy goat cheese melted into the omelette with an amazing effect and the juicy asparagus rounded things out nicely. What a great way to start a weekend!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments