Main menu

Pages

Chipotle Pumpkin Fritters

When I made the chicken moleearlier on in the week, I served it on a bed of refried beansand these chipotle squash fritters. I had some squash left over in the fridge that I wanted to use and I figured that the sweetness of the squash would be a nice counterbalance to the thick and spicy mole sauce. Making these chipotle quash fritters to go with the chicken mole was not enough to finish the squash off and I was rather glad as I really enjoyed the sweet and spicy combo so I made them again and served them by themselves with some mole sauce. There is just something so addictive about crispy fried fritters and these ones with smoky chipotle chilies would go well topped with many different salsas. If you are not a big fan of squash or can't find it at the moment it would be easy to swap in sweet potato instead.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments