Main menu

Pages

Chicken Mole

After spending several hours making the mole sauce I was a little drained and even though I wanted to get into the mole sauce right away, I wanted something nice and easy. Simply simmering some chicken breasts in the mole sauce has to be one of the quickest and easiest ways to enjoy and it sacrifices nothing in flavor. One of the reasons that I like to simmer the chicken in the sauce is that it helps to ensure that the chicken comes out nice and moist and tender every time and the flavours of the mole sauce start to infuse into the chicken. Although I wanted simple, I could not help but enhance the meal a bit and I served the chicken mole on a bed of refried beans and chipotle squash fritters with a side of cilantro lime rice . The mole sauce with a hint of chocolate goes really well with not only the chicken but with the refried beans and chipotle squash fritters as well. The bright cilantro lime rice helps cut through the flavour packed mole sauce refreshing the palate in between bites. Overall this was one very tasty meal and a perfect way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments