Main menu

Pages

Beer Bread Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Beer Bread Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Nothing beats a simple melted butter topping for that first slice of bread when it is fresh from the oven! After that fresh bread euphoria wears off though, it is time to get down to using the bread a little more creatively and I already had a few ideas for my load of (Grimbergen Dubbel) beer bread. I had come across the idea of a beer bread caramelized onion grilled cheese sandwichon Honest Farea while ago and I immediately knew that it would be a winner. You really can't go wrong with combining sweet, slowly caramelized onions with melted cheese and wrapping it all up in light, crispy and buttery bread. If that bread just happens to be a beer bread then that grilled cheese sandwich is just over the top good! This sandwiches flavours are rounded off with a hit of Worcestershire sauce that is added to the onions and some mustard for a bit of tang. I did change one thing and that was to use a yeast based beer bread rather than a quick bread as I figured that it would hold together better when used in a sandwich. All of the flavours in this sandwich certainly work well together and the final result is one tasty sandwich! My dilemma now is, do I enjoy a few more of these sandwiches or try some new ones?

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments