Main menu

Pages

Apple Cinnamon Swirl Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Apple Cinnamon Swirl Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Although I was really enjoying slices of the cinnamon swirl breaddone up like cinnamon buns with cream cheese frosting for breakfasts this week, I could not help but think about using some of the bread for something else. Naturally I thought about using it to make a sandwich and of course the first sandwich that came to mind was one of my favourite types of sandwiches, the grilled cheese sandwich. While I was thinking about how to do a grilled cheese sandwich with bread with a sweet swirl of cinnamon in it I kept thinking about apple pie for some reason. Apple and cheddar are a great flavour combination that I use rather frequently and I figured that a cinnamon swirl grilled cheese sandwich would be just about perfect!

I could have gone two ways with this apple and cinnamon grilled cheese sandwich, I could have gone with straight apple slices or I could have caramelized them first and this time I decided to go with just the slices of apples so that I would be able to enjoy their fresh, juicy crispness. The apple cinnamon swirl grilled cheese sandwich turned out really well! The apple and cheddar combination was once again a winner and the crisp, buttery bread with hints of sweet cinnamon worked really well with it! Now I am torn between cinnamon swirl bread 'buns' and grilled cheese sandwiches for the rest of the loaf!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments