Main menu

Pages

Avocado and Roasted Tomatillo Salsa

Avocado and Roasted Tomatillo Salsa

I have been crazy for roasted tomatillo salsa or salsa verde ever since I discovered tomatillos. A while ago I heard about a new take on the salsa, an avocado and roasted tomatillos salsa which sounded good and I have just been itching to try it ever since. With the avocados in the salsa it kind of sounded like a cross between the salsa verde and guacamole which is another dip that I am completely into. This recipe is pretty much as simple as taking the recipe for the roasted tomatillo salsa and adding some mashed avocado. For my particular use however I also wanted to try to reduce the amount of moisture in the salsa so I threw it into a sauce pan and simmered it to reduce the liquid a bit before adding the avocado, lemon juice and cilantro. The avocado worked quite well in the salsa verde mellowing out the spicy heat of the jalapeno pepper all the while adding an amazing creamy texture. This salsa would go great with tortilla chips for dipping and tomorrow I will use it in another tasty snack for Sundays big game.

Tip: Tomatillos freeze well so freeze some in the summer when they are in season.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments