Main menu

Pages

Caramelized Pumpkin and Gorgonzola Salad

Caramelized Pumpkin and Gorgonzola Salad

Pumpkin season is here and I certainly have been enjoying them so far. This weekend I picked up a small pie pumpkin and I was thinking of using it in a salad. Normally I would cut the pumpkin up into bite sized pieces and roast it up, but this time I was thinking about something different. I envisioned slicing the pumpkin into wedges and roasting the wedges in the oven until they started to caramelize. I could just imagine how those wedges would look on a bed of salad greens! But, a salad is not made from just roasted pumpkin and salad greens alone and I still had some flavours to add to finish things off. I figured that some nice and creamy gorgonzola cheese would go well with the sweet roasted pumpkin and some toasted chopped walnuts seemed to go hand in hand. I could not resist frying up some sage in butter until it turned amazingly crispy and good. A balsamic vinaigrette seemed like the perfect dressing to finish the salad off!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments