Main menu

Pages

Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Quinoa Salad

Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Quinoa Salad

Throughout fall I have been roasting red peppersand freezing them so that I can enjoy them for the rest of the year and along the way I have not been able to resist using a few of them! I have really been enjoying quinoa since I discovered it and in particular, using it to make simple salads with seasonal ingredients and I figured that a roasted red pepper quinoa salad would be perfect for fall! Keeping things simple is the name of the game and I went with some onions and garlic in addition to the roasted red pepper and quinoa. A salad such as this just cries out for a fresh herb and oregano seemed to fit the bill. Roasted red peppers are an little on the sweet side so some salty feta would fit nicely and some chick peas would bulk up the salad a bit. With that I just needed a dressing and since roasted red peppers and balsamic vinegar go well together a balsamic vinaigrettewas the obvious choice. Salads like this one make for great side dishes or even light meals and in fact I have been enjoying the leftovers for breakfasts this week. Speaking of the leftovers, they are nice either warmed up in the microwave or straight from the fridge.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments