Main menu

Pages

Shrimp Nachos with Avocado Roasted Tomatillo Salsa

Shrimp has been on my mind a lot recently and I had to include them in my Super Bowl Sunday snack lineup in one form or another. After contemplating it for a while I decided to go with shrimp nachos. The basic idea behind nachos is to pile tortilla chips on a plate, top them with things like meat, salsa, jalapenos, olives and cheese and then bake them until the cheese melts. I wanted to use whole shrimp to maximize the experience of their juicy and succulent nature and I did not want to chop them up. I was thinking that the full shrimp would not be clinging to the nachos all that well when randomly sprinkled on so I decided to go for individual serving nachos with one shrimp per tortillas chip. I was seeing these shrimp nachos as green so I wanted a salsa verde and I also had to include some avocado so I took the opportunity to combine the two and I made some avocado and roasted tomatillo salsa . Next up was some cilantro lime shrimp which were sprinkled with green onions, melted cheese and cilantro. These shrimp nachos were amazingly tasty and did they ever disappear quickly! I served them with the remaining avocado and roasted tomatillo salsa for dipping.
Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments