Main menu

Pages

Pumpkin Butter Tarts with Pepitas and Cranberries

Pumpkin Butter Tarts with Pepitas and Cranberries
When it came time to plan my Thanksgiving dessert this year I knew exactly what I wanted, these pumpkin butter tarts! Butter tarts are a Canadian tart with a light and flaky pastry crust filled with a mixture of butter, sugar, and eggs that is baked until the filling is set and either semi solid or still a bit runny. Normally I make butter tarts for the Christmas holiday season but this year I thought that I would try making a fall seasonal variety and add pumpkin to the filling! Butter tarts can be made plain or you can add nuts like walnuts or pecans and/or raisins but for these pumpkin butter tarts I went with toasted pumpkin seeds, pepitas, and dried cranberries instead. These butter tarts start out with an all butter pie crust pastry and I went with a slightly different version of the filling substituting half of the brown sugar with maple syrup which is something that I like to do with my regular butter tarts, along with the addition of the pumpkin puree. These pumpkin butter tarts turned out even better than expected! They are quite simply divine! The pumpkin, pepita and cranberry flavours work so amazingly well with the butter tarts flavours and lets not forget those fantastically light and flaky pastry crusts!

The only problem is that I have already polished off two batches of them all by myself and I'm going to have to make a few more batches! No, wait, that's not a problem at all! :)

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments