Main menu

Pages

Caramel Apple Crumble Cheesecake Dip

Caramel Apple Crumble Cheesecake Dip
The other day I was thinking about ideas for snacking over the holidays and somehow I arrived at the idea for this caramel apple crumble cheesecake dip. I guess I was thinking of seasonal dishes like apple crumble and somehow that led to the idea of an apple crumble dip. Most of my favourite dips involve plenty of cheese so I could not help but think about how to incorporate some and at once it seemed obvious, a creamcheese cheesecake layer! I started out with a simple no-bake style cheesecake with cream cheese and instead of whipped cream I went with greek yogurt and I used caramel sauce as the sweetener. Next up was the apple layer which is simply some diced apples that are cooked until just tender and then smothered in caramel sauce along with a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg. The crumble layer is pretty easy, consisting of the usual suspects, butter, sugar, flour and cinnamon and once you get that all mixed up you bake it until lightly golden brown and crispy. So the final dish is a caramel apple sauce on top of a creamcheese/cheesecake layer that is served with cracker as a dip but you could also just eat it by the spoonful!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments