Main menu

Pages

Shiner Bock ice cream recipe

New York has changed a lot since I moved here. While the city will always have its challenges, the living has become a bit easier in the past year with a surge in the availability of certain favorites.

For instance, when I visit the grocery store I can now add a few bottles of Topo Chico to my cart. If I have a craving for tender smoked brisket, there are several places within walking distance to find it. While breakfast tacos and pillow-soft kolaches may still be a train ride away for me, just the fact that they now exist in New York is cause for celebration. And for many, perhaps the most welcome addition has been Shiner Bock.

Shiner’s ubiquity in Texas reflects just how beloved it is, and it’s the rare place that doesn’t offer it. So it was always something of a shock to Texans who’d just moved to New York to discover it wasn’t here. “Where is the Shiner?” they’d often ask. Because of this, its arrival a couple of months ago was met with much fanfare and excitement. Not only did the news make headlines but also when you’d go to the grocery store, you’d see Texans taking pictures of the bottles just because it was so novel to see it on shelves.

shiner bock ice cream

Its appearance couldn’t have come at a better time, as nothing beats a cold beverage during the hot summer. Though I’m also partial to frozen treats to help me stay cool, which is why I took a bottle of Shiner and instead of drinking it, made a batch of ice cream with it instead.
Read more »
reactions

Comments