Main menu

Pages

Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies

Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut butter cookies are a classic for good reason and they are one of my favourites so they almost always make an appearance on my holiday cookie platter! Although the basic peanut butter cookie is great I can't help but think about adding chocolate and so I often make them with the addition of chocolate chips or chocolate chunks (I prefer chocolate chunks because you get larger hits of chocolate in each bite). In addition to adding chocolate chunks I also like to add honey roasted peanuts to get that crunchy peanut texture. Normally you press peanut cookies down with a fork to get that classic cross hatch top but I like to just plop the dough down on the baking pan with an ice cream scoop! Yes, I'm lazy! No, not really, these cookies do not spread a lot so when you don't press them down you get nice and thick cookies that get crispy on the edges with a thick layer of chewy, almost cookie dough like, centre! I know that I like eating cookie dough by the spoonful so it's really nice biting into that crispy edged cookie with the soft chewy centre! Mmmmm... Cookie monster want more!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments