Main menu

Pages

Gorgonzola Cheesecake with Vanilla Pear Compote

Gorgonzola Cheesecake with Vanilla Pear Compote

I recently came across the idea of a savoury blue cheese cheesecake in an issue of Food & Drink magazine and I was immediately taken by the idea! I am a huge fan of cheesecake and I had never even thought about trying a savoury cheesecake let alone one made with a blue cheese! It sounded so amazingly good that I had to try it. As soon as I saw the blue cheese cheesecake I knew right away that I would be trying it with gorgonzola which is my favourite blue cheese.

This recipe is really simple and I had my cheesecake in the oven in almost no time at all. Shortly after I got the cheesecake in the oven my apartment filled up with the amazing aroma of baking gorgonzola! By the time that I pulled it out of the oven I could barely restrain myself from digging in right away and at least letting it cool a bit.

Tangy gorgonzola goes really well with the sweetness of pears and I could not resist using this classic flavour combination by topping the cheesecake with a vanilla pear compote in a thick fruity syrup. I served the gorgonzola cheesecake on a bed of peppery arugula and garnished everything with some chopped toasted walnuts and jewel like crimson pomegranate. The savoury gorgonzola cheesecake was fantastic! It was just packed with flavour and the sweet an juicy pear compote was the perfect foil to balance things out. If only I had discovered savoury cheesecakes earlier! Now it is time to experiment with them some more!

Note: The recipe for this savoury cheesecake perfectly portioned for two as a light meal when made in a pair of four inch spring form pans. You could also make this recipe as more of an appetizer if you used a muffin pan.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments