Main menu

Pages

Apricot Quinoa Salad
With Easter coming I have been thinking about menu ideas and one of them involved an apricot theme so I was looking for an appropriate side dish and I was thinking that a Mediterranean style couscous salad would be perfect. I have really been into quinoa lately so I replaced the couscous with quinoa and I added some chopped dried apricots to the quinoa while it cooked so that they would get nice and soft and tender. After that I added a complement of fresh herbs including mint, parsley and green onions along with some slivered almonds. The salad is finished off with a simple 'dressing' based around apricot preserves, lemon juice and ginger. This apricot quinoa salad is amazingly light, fresh and tasty and the mint really brings it home; it's a fabulous side for any meal!
Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments