Main menu

Pages

Bulgogi Cheesesteak Sandwich

Bulgogi Cheesesteak Sandwich

Not too long ago I tried an experiment by using daeji bulgogi, a Korean spicy BBQ pork in a Vietnamesestyle banh mi sandwich that I particularly enjoyed. While I was contemplating banh mi recipe I could not help but think about other sandwiches that Korean bulgogi would be good in and one thought led to another and before I knew it I was thinking about a bulgogi cheesesteak sandwich! The basic idea was to use beef bulgogiin a Philly cheesesteak style sandwichwith sauted onions, peppers and melted cheese. This recipe is pretty simple, you just make the bulgogi, saute some onions and peppers, assemble the sandwich, melt the cheese and you are good to go! I have to say that the complex flavours of the bulgogi that balances sweet and salty worked very well in a cheesesteak sandwich with sauteed peppers and onions, all covered in melted cheese! If you prefer your sandwich to be on the spicier side a tablespoon of gochujang saucewould be the perfect way to add some heat!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments