Main menu

Pages

Skinny Pumpkin Pie – easy to make, perfect for the novice baker!

A Thanksgiving dessert table is never complete without the pumpkin pie. Did you think I would leave it out? Well I just couldn't. This recipe is quick and easy, and I found a really simple solution to a lighter pie crust using store bought crust...

(he he, you're going to love this!)

I rolled it out thinner.

Isn't that genius?!! I thought it was, although I can't take full credit; someone left a comment on my sweet potato pie, brilliant!! Since I had all the extra dough, I cut out some leaves, pumpkins and letters with a cookie cutter to make it pretty. Of course, this will increase the calories if you do so. I calculated the pie crust based on Pillsbury, using just under 5 oz dough.

Skinny Pumpkin Pie – easy to make, perfect for the novice baker!

I'm pulling this one out from the archives since I made it this week for Madison! I had pumpkin I didn't want to waste, perfect for making pie! Pumpkin pie filling is really easy to make from scratch, which I prefer to do. I roasted the pumpkin the night before, then pureed it in a food processor. The step-by-step tutorial is here.




Click Here To See The Full Recipe...
reactions

Comments