Main menu

Pages

Watermelon "Caprese" with Balsamic Glaze

Watermelon "Caprese" with Balsamic Glaze

I LOVE the salty-sweet combination of watermelon, mozzarella, arugula and balsamic – a delicious twist on the classic Caprese which is usually made with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. Cutting the watermelon with a star-shaped cookie cutter makes these perfect for Memorial day or July 4th.

I'm actually not a huge fan of tomatoes until late August when they are falling off my tomato plants, so watermelon is a great alternative.

Watermelon "Caprese" with Balsamic Glaze

And these are so easy to make, no cooking required. The hardest part is cutting out the shapes (which is NOT hard at all, Madison loves helping me with this). You can prep them ahead and leave them in the fridge until you're ready to serve. I buy my fresh mozzarella in a local Italian deli and they even slice it for me on their slicer which saves me time. Then when I'm ready to serve I assemble them on a platter, and finish them with Modenacrem Balsamic Glaze from Delallo (I LOVE this stuff!!). Buying balsamic glaze is a huge time saver, the alternative is to simmer balsamic on the stove until it reduces down. Hope you have a great weekend!


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...
reactions

Comments