Main menu

Pages


We went to America a few weeks ago for a holiday to celebrate J's significant birthday. We had a brilliant time and it was also a good opportunity for me to stock up on American baking goodies. I bought a few bags of butterscotch chips as I love the flavour and really enjoy baking with them. However, my favourite combination is still butterscotch and pecans so I decided to make some blondies with them. The flavours work really well together and they were quite addictive! I brought this along with the Irish tea bread to work but these were devoured much quicker. I'm sure I will be getting repeat requests for this one! 




 adding butterscotch chips and pecan nuts 

 ready to bake 

 fresh from the oven 

 delicious! 

Makes 1 large traybake

225g buttter
200g brown sugar
75g caster sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
250g plain flour
100g pecan nuts, chopped
300g butterscotch chips

  • Preheat the oven to 180C.
  • Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
  • Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue mixing.
  • Stir in the flour and mix well. 
  • Finally stir in the butterscotch chips and pecan nuts.
  • Press into a traybake tin and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. 





reactions

Comments