Main menu

Pages

Beef Wellington Tarts with Mushroom Blue Cheese Sauce

Beef Wellington Tarts with Mushroom Blue Cheese Sauce
This week I have been testing out some special new recipes for two for Valentine's Day and up first are these tasty beef wellington tarts. Beef wellington is a dish were a beef tenderloin is wrapped in puff pastry along with foie gras and mushrooms and it is baked until golden brown. Although beef wellington is great for large gatherings I wanted a version that was good for two and deconstructed beef wellington puff pastry tarts are a great way to go. The basic idea behind these tarts is to make small puff pastry shells, cook the filet mignon, slice it, place it in the shells and top it with sauteed mushrooms. A topping of melted foie gras mousse would fit with the beef wellington theme here but I really like the blue cheese and steak and mushroom combo so I decided to go with a mushroom blue cheese sauce instead. Since I always enjoy adding greens to my meals so I added a base of sauteed kale to the tart. This truly is one decadently delicious treat for a special Valentine's Day dinner that they won't forget!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments