Main menu

Pages

Corned Beef Cuban Grilled Cheese Sandwich

St Patrick’s Day Corned Beef Cuban Grilled Cheese Sandwich
I recently made some lechon asado (Cuban roast pork)and I used it to make some tasty Cuban style sandwiches. A reader recently suggested trying a St Patrick's Day take on the Cuban sandwich replacing the ham with corned beef which sounded really good! I am no stranger to mixing things up and one of my favourite takes on a Cuban sandwich has to be my Thanksgiving Cuban sandwichwhere the roast pork is replaced with roast turkey and cranberry sauceis thrown into the mix, so I needed little convincing to try the St Patrick's day version! As luck would have it I still had some roast pork in the freezer and I had just made some corned beefso I was all set to go. Normally a Cuban sandwich is made in a Cuban bun and cooked pressed but I decided to make this sandwich more grilled cheese style in golden brown crispy butter-y bread that is grilled to perfection. I have to say that the corned beef makes for an excellent substitution for the ham in a Cuban sandwich and I will definitely be making these again! Next time I think I might throw some russian or thousand island dressing and try to work in some sauerkraut and make it more of a reuben Cuban sandwich!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments