Main menu

Pages

Bacon Jam and Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Bacon Jam and Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Of all the ideas that were running through my head about how to use the first of the bacon jam , the one that captured my imagination the most was of course a bacon jam grilled cheese sandwich! (Raise your hand if you knew this was coming.) Since bacon goes so well with cool and creamy avocados they were the obvious companion to the bacon jam in the grilled cheese sandwich but I wanted to add one more thing. With the word jam in the title and the bacon and avocado combo I kept thinking about breakfast sandwiches for some reason. The breakfast sandwich idea made me realize that this was the perfect opportunity to try something that I have been wanting to try for a long time, adding a fried egg to the inside of a grilled cheese sandwich!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments