Main menu

Pages

Spicy Peanut Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich (aka The Chicken Satay Melt)

Spicy Peanut Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich

I cannot believe that it has been over two months since I last shared a new grilled cheese recipe with you! I was beginning to feel like I had been going through grilled cheese withdrawal and including the guacamole grilled cheesein the avocado roundup yesterday brought it all flooding in! I am a huge fan of Thai style peanut saucesand I had been wanting to use some in a grilled cheese sandwich for a long time now! The initial idea for the sandwich was inspired by chicken sataywhich is commonly served with a peanut sauce for dipping and although it sounded really good, I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something missing. The thing that was missing was of course cool and creamy avocado which really brings this grilled cheese home! The chicken satay melt is finished off with some fresh cilantro and sriracha hot sauce because I like it spicy! I have to say that this spicy peanut chicken grilled cheese sandwich exceeded all of my expectations and it has quickly rocketed to the upper levels in my list of all time favourite grilled cheese sandwiches! I can't wait to make another!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments