Main menu

Pages

Fajita Burgers

Not too long after I last made fajitas I came across this recipe for fajita burgers on Good Life Eats which sounded really good. I always enjoy playing around with different flavours or themes for burgers and I particularly liked the sound of a tasty texmex burger topped with tender sauteed onions and peppers. With the days starting to get cooler, it was time to get the burgers in and this weekend I got the chance to make them.

These burgers start out with all beef patties that are flavoured with salsa, taco seasoning and a healthy does of fresh cilantro which I covered with slices of pepper jack cheese that were added just at the end of cooking. Next up was the sauteed onions and peppers which I flavoured with even more taco seasoning . At this point the burgers are good to go but you don't have to stop there as you can easily add any of your favourite fajita or taco fillings and I went with some roasted tomatillo and avocado salsa . Luckily corn is still in season and I served the burgers with some fresh corn on the cob topped with cilantro lime butter.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments