Main menu

Pages

Lemon Honey Dijon Vinaigrette

Honey Dijon Vinaigrette

Although store bought dressings can be convenient making your own is surprisingly easy! I find that I enjoy homemade dressings more and I like knowing exactly what goes into them. If you are like me and your tastes and desires change like the wind, homemade dressings are also nice as you can make as much or as little as you want. If you always make small batches, they stay fresh and tomorrow you can switch to whatever dressing you are craving then without cluttering you fridge with half a dozen open bottles of dressing. Or, if you prefer less work then you can make large batches as they store well in a jar in the fridge.

For my next recipe, I needed a lemon inspired dressing and I was immediately thinking about a vinaigrette with freshly squeezed lemon juice as the base. I like my vinaigrettes to be a bit on the tarter side so I use a one to one ratio of oil and vinegar, or in this case lemon juice. Mustard works as an emulsifier allowing the oil and vinegar to bond so it is a common ingredient in dressings and in this dressing I often like to use a mixture of dijon and grainy mustard to add a bit of texture. Next up is some locally sourced honey to tame the mustard and to balance out the tartness of the lemon juice and some salt and pepper for seasoning.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments