Main menu

Pages

Tomato and Basil Pesto Parmesan Tart

Tomato and Basil Pesto Parmesan Tart

Not too long ago I made a zucchini and sun dried tomato pesto parmesan puff pastry tart that I really enjoyed! I particularly liked how well the pesto worked on the tart and I could not help but think about how other pestos would also be fantastic on tarts. With all of the perfectly ripe local field tomatoes at the farmers market right now along with the recent inspiration to use basil pesto in a caprese salad I knew exactly what my next tart would be, a tomato and basil pesto tart. Tomato and freshly made basil pesto is one of those great flavour combinations and it was absolutely amazing on a bed of light, flaky and buttery pastry! The tomatoes slightly roasted on the top of the tart intensifying their flavour even more.

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments