Main menu

Pages

Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas with Minted Yogurt

Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas with Minted Yogurt

Have you ever tried to sauté chickpeas? If not, don’t. I have and it is pretty scary. The chickpeas are full of moisture so they will pop out of the pan and hit you. Roasting them is another story.

I tested a recipe for Indian-Spiced Nachos at Bon Appétit last year. They were so decadent and full of so many great flavors but not healthy at all. On of the toppings was a mix of roasted curried potatoes and chickpeas. I couldn’t stop snacking on them. They almost didn’t make it on to the finished dish I had to present to the editors.

In an effort to still enjoy the flavors yet lighten things up a bit, I decided to create this roasted cauliflower and chickpea dish with minty yogurt. It’s great for lunch or as a side dish with dinner. I added a touch of sugar to the yogurt because I think the sweetness balances out the flavors. The lemon zest and mint really brighten things up and I like the contrast between the cold yogurt and the warm cauliflower and chickpeas. I hope you like it too!

Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas with Minted Yogurt


Guest author Jackie Ourman, who writes at CAFE Celiac & Allergy Friendly Epicurian. I tested these out myself while taking the photos and we LOVED this recipe although I added some fresh garlic! Visit her site for more gluten-free recipes.


Click Here To See The Full Recipe...
reactions

Comments