Main menu

Pages

Slow-Cooker Beef and Kabocha Squash Stew

Slow-Cooker Beef and Kabocha Squash Stew

On a cold rainy night, there's nothing like warming up to a bowl of hearty beef stew made in the crock pot with winter squash, Marsala wine and fresh herbs. Serve this with crusty bread and you have yourself a meal.

Slow-Cooker Beef and Kabocha Squash Stew

My kids and I love beef stew, but my husband doesn't so I don't make it as often as I would like. But I got my hands on Giada's new cookbook Happy Cooking and can't ever resist a slow cooker recipe, especially one with winter squash. Although this does require a little prepping, it's worth the extra steps. If you work, you could aways get the first step ready the night before. (FYI my next cookbook is going to have TONS of slow cooker recipes!) I adapted this slightly from her book just cutting down on the olive oil and thought it was wonderful, and so did my kids.

Cutting the squash is probably the most time consuming part of the recipe, here's an easy tip on how to peel squash. If you prefer you can use pre-cut butternut in it's place.

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...
reactions

Comments