Main menu

Pages

Enchilada Sauce
I use enchilada sauce in a lot of different recipes and instead of buying those expensive cans I like to make my own! Not only is it cheaper to make your own, it's also super easy to make and you know exactly what's in it! I start out with some seasonings including onions, garlic, cumin and oregano and then I add some heat with smokey chipotle chilli peppers and the base of the sauce is a can of diced tomatoes. After seasoning with salt and pepper and pureeing in a food processor you can simmer it a bit to reduce it and thicken it to the desired consistency. All said and done you can make this tasty and healthy enchilada sauce with commonly stocked pantry ingredients in less than 20 minutes; once you try it you'll never go back to those store bought cans!

See below for some tasty recipe ideas that use this enchilada sauce!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments