Main menu

Pages

Taco Seasoning
Taco night was always one of my favourites when I was growing up and the key to good tacos is a tasty taco seasoning. Back then taco night was always from a box or a package and although I remember those meals fondly when I take a look at the ingredients and see things that I do not recognize and can't really pronounce I just have to make my own. Homemade taco seasoning is actually really easy to make and you can control the amount of each ingredient so if you like things spicy you can increase the chili pepper powder and it you want to reduce the sodium you can easily cut back on the salt etc. This homemade taco seasoning consists of chili powder (ground chilies), cumin, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. This recipe makes enough for one taco night dinner with one pound of ground meat but feel free to make a much larger batch so that you have some on hand and you don't have to make it every taco night. Once you try this homemade taco seasoning you will never go back to the store bought packaged stuff!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments