Main menu

Pages

Veggie Lasagna Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms

Veggie Lasagna Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms – low-carb, gluten-free and vegetarian


Portobello mushrooms stuffed with spinach, bell peppers, cheese and marinara sauce – a delicious meatless meal that's low-carb and pretty genius!

This recipe was inspired by Jim Carver who shared his love for stuffed portobello mushrooms with me. I took his idea, and made a lasagna style mushroom, topped it with my homemade marinara sauce and some cheese and baked this in the oven. Out came this deliciousness, perfect for vegetarians, low-carbers, gluten-free, or anyone who wants to enjoy a meatless meal.

Veggie Lasagna Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms – low-carb, gluten-free and vegetarian

A few tips for success – look for large caps with high walls with no cracks on the sides so your filling doesn't come out when it bakes. The one pictured below is perfect, I had another that was rather flat and it made a big mess on my baking sheet, although it was still yummy, just not picture perfect!


I tried with and without the egg and found the ones with no egg had a runnier filling, the one with the egg held together better. Up to you which way to go. Hope you enjoy, I'm planning on making more stuffed mushrooms soon!

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...
reactions

Comments