Main menu

Pages

Cedar Plank Spice-Rubbed Salmon

Cedar Plank Spice-Rubbed Salmon – topped with brown sugar and spices

I'm excited to share this guest post from my friend Jackie from CAFE, Celiac and Allergy Friendly Epicurian (A great source for gluten-free recipes!). A wonderful salmon dish made on a cedar plank topped with a brown sugar spice rub. If you follow me on Snapchat (username Skinnytaste), you probably saw me making this on the grill last week. I've included both my grilling method as well as Jackie's oven method. Please welcome her...

I went to a friend’s house for dinner and they served a dish that ultimately inspired me to write this recipe. Besides the presentation being absolutely beautiful, the cedar plank salmon was so flaky and perfectly cooked. I couldn’t wait to try my own version at home.

I didn’t have grill-safe cedar planks on hand but I did have an oven-safe one. Either method works perfectly well. If you are grilling, just be sure to remember to soak the plank for about an hour and a half beforehand.

The brown sugar contrast nicely with the salt and pepper in the Montréal steak seasoning and the paprika adds beautiful color in addition to great flavor. The combination of the cedar and the spice rub transform sometimes-simple salmon into one hot number!

Cedar Plank Spice-Rubbed Salmon – topped with brown sugar and spices

Click Here To See The Full Recipe...
reactions

Comments