Main menu

Pages

Caesar Grilled Asparagus
The local asparagus is still going strong and I have another recipe for you, a caesar style asparagus dish with grilled asparagus served in a caesar dressing along with croutons and plenty of parmesan. This recipe could not be simpler, you just need to grill the asparagus and serve it topped with caesar dressing, croutons and parmesan. If you use store bought dressing and croutons this recipe is lightning quick but I like to make my own because that way I know exactly what goes into the dressing and I can use up some leftover bread for the croutons. For the dressing I went with a non-traditional version with a base of Greek yogurt to keep it nice and light but I did not sacrifice anything in the way of flavour! Instead of just using basic croutons, I flavoured the oil with garlic and tossed the croutons in parmesan cheese before baking until nice and golden brown and crispy! You can make both the dressing and the croutons the day before to cut down on time spent in the kitchen when you would rather be outdoors grilling! I like to grill the asparagus for this dish because you can do it outside and it adds a fabulous smokiness but you could also steam, roast, etc. it if you prefer. If you're looking for a tasty side dish for a summer grilled meal this caesar grilled asparagus is definitely a great option!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments