Main menu

Pages

Sesame Crusted Seared Ahi Tuna 'Sushi' Salad with Wasabi Vinaigrette

Sesame Crusted Seared Ahi Tuna 'Sushi' Salad with Wasabi Vinaigrette
Today I have a new salad recipe for you, a sushi themed salad with sesame crusted seared ahi tuna! This salad was inspired by the flavours of sushi and my favourite fish for sushi is tuna so that is the centre piece of this salad. I would be perfectly happy with raw sushi grade ahi tuna for this salad but if you are making it for someone that is a bit leery about eating raw fish, it's just as good lightly seared! I build the salad up with other common sushi ingredients including avocado, edamame, cucumber and carrots in addition to the lettuce. If you want to include the rice component of sushi you could add some or some quinoa but I like the lighter version of the salad without it. For the dressing I went with a wasabi vinaigrette that includes soy sauce both of which are commonly served with sushi. This sushi salad with seared ahi tuna really does remind you of eating sushi and it's a makes for an amazingly tasty light meal!

Read the recipe »
reactions

Comments