Main menu

Pages

Roasted Pepper Salsa

Makes: 4 servings

3 poblanos, roasted, peeled, seeded & julienned
3 red bells, roasted, peeled, seeded & julienned
2 garlic cloves, roasted, peeled & thinly sliced
½ red onion, thinly sliced
3 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
6 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and black pepper

2 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano

• Mix ingredients together in large bowl.

• Serve at once with grilled or sauted fish or reserve up to 6 hours.

• Serve at room temperature.


Jot’s Notes:
• With 6 Tbsp of oil, I thought it was too oily. I’d drop it back to 4 Tbsp.

• To roast the garlic, just toss the cloves, unhusked in with the peppers when you
roast them. Treat them like little peppers.

• Julienneing roasted peppers is tough. I’d make sure you chop them as fine as you
can.

• This salsa had developed a nice peppery taste after 2 days. It should hold some
appeal for a while.

• Some people thought this was a better side dish than a chip salsa.


Source: Totally Chile Pepper Cookbook, Siegel & Gillingham
reactions

Comments